Sunday, August 5, 2012

I have confidence yet I am still troubled.

For an 18 year old I like to think I am decently educated when it comes to terms with budgeting, planning ahead, and living within my means.

If my car breaks down I have a plan setup in which I could get my car back up and running and I have enough money in the bank to cover my tow and hopefully my repairs on the car.  If I didn't have enough  I have family who will support me until I can recover.

When I go shopping I buy in bulk and I stretch my money.  I buy bars of soap instead of body wash or those silly automatic soap dispensers. When it comes to soda I limit myself and restrain the amount I drink or I do without.  I plan my meals ahead of time and always make extra too make 2-3 more meals with if I am lucky. I have reusable bottles for work so that I don't have to bring 4 bottles every day (Good on the environment too)

I resist the urge to go and buy just every game that I would want the moment it comes out because I tend to buy only 60$ within each month which is well within my "fun money" range which is a good couple hundred a month but I prefer to save it for emergencies.

One thing I wasn't really planned for is for me to get injured.  I am still covered under my mother's insurance for about two more months before I am without insurance for around a month before work insurance kicks in.  With the job I work it is very physically demanding and I fear that I will not be able to work for them if I get injured leaving me without a job and no way to pay my bills.  Currently I cannot feel my right hand but I think it is a pinched nerve and I need to just stretch more.  But I cannot convince myself that it is just a pinch because I fear losing this great career opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment